How to Achieve a Sleek Natural Ponytail
Ponytails are instant head turners. They are easy to achieve and have the power to transform a simple everyday look to a stylish and effortless hairstyle. The best part is that you can literally rock them anywhere, whether to work, date night or a girl's night out, ponytails are your babies for life.
There are different ways to style a ponytail from a bubble ponytail to a high ponytail, but one of my favorite ponytail styles has to be the sleek natural ponytail.
Bonus style tip: The sleek natural ponytail can pass off as a cute summer look too.
Wondering how to achieve a sleek natural ponytail? This tutorial by Bri Hall will show you all the basics.
How to do a Sleek Natural Ponytail
What you need
- Styling gel
- Styling mousse
- Fine tooth comb
- Bristle brush
- Toothbrush/edge brush
- Elastic hair tie
Step 1: Part your hair
- You can start with freshly washed hair or not.
- Make your preferred part either a side or middle part with a fine-tooth comb.
- Apply some styling mousse to your roots, smooth it down your hair and finger detangle.
Step 2: Sleek your hair down in sections
- First, divide your hair into 3 sections, apply your gel to the topmost part of your hair, and smooth it down with a bristle brush.
- Repeat for the other sections.
- When you get to the hair at the front where your parting is, divide it into smaller sections and sleek down each section of hair gently.
- Then gather all your hair into a secure low ponytail and smooth down any flyaway hairs.
Step 3: Lay your edges
- Go in with a fine-tooth and style your baby hairs however you want.
- Now, sleek them down with a toothbrush or edge brush.
- Rock your sleek natural ponytail as desired.
At the end of the video, Bri Hall also showed how to achieve this ponytail look with extensions. All you need to do is wrap your low ponytail into a bun and attach a natural ponytail extension to it for more volume and definition.
Now, that's 2 ways you can pull off a ponytail look!