How to do the High Ponytail With Bangs For Black Hair
The High Ponytail with Bangs is a peculiar but stylish hairstyle that gets eyes swooning at the sight of it. Mostly because of its daring appearance.
This hairstyle also adds more features to your face; for instance making you look taller and slimmer. Another favorite thing about it is the perfection it brings to every face. If you're interested in making this gorgeous hairstyle, then you're in the right place. Below are simple steps to making the high ponytail with bangs.
What you need to make a High Ponytail with Bangs
Here are the things you need to achieve this look:
- Tail Comb.
- Wide tooth Comb.
- Water in a bottle spray.
- Eco-style Gel.
- Toothbrush/cutting comb.
- Extensions (long for ponytail and short for bangs).
- Bobby Pins.
- Rubber band or any tight hair band.
- Edge Control.
- Needle and Thread / Hair Glue
- Hair food and/or oils.
How to style the High Ponytail with Bangs
- Spray dry areas of hair with water.
- De-tangle your hair with your fingers.
- Apply hair oil/food.
- Use the wide tooth comb to comb out your hair.
- Split your hair with your tail comb into two unequal parts; the ''base'' and the ''body''.
- Plait your front base and leave out a little hair on the base to act as coverage to make the extensions invisible.
- Apply eco-styler gel to the sides of the body and the back of your hair.
- Use the hairbrush to brush your hair into a ponytail.
- Use the rubber bands or any hairband to tie your hair tightly.
- Plait the ends of the tightly packed hair.
- Attach your extensions. For clipins, you can easily clip or tie your extensions to the ends. However, for extensions without clip-ins, you would be needing a needle and thread to sew it tightly. Another alternative would be hair glue. You can use the glue to place your extensions on your hair.
- Take your shorter extension and apply it to your plaited base. Clip-ins are easy to attach and you may not need your tail comb to part any base. However, if your extension is without clip-ins, the base is necessary for easy attachment. Your hair will also turn out neater.
- Comb out the little hair left at the base in case you prefer an invisible look.
- Trim the ends of your base to give a sharper look.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make the high ponytail with bangs:
Different ways to style a ponytail with bangs
1. Ponytail with swoop bangs
Gather up the hair into a low side ponytail and then slick your bangs to the side too. This hairstyle can create a slimmer look for your face.
2. High ponytail with side swept bangs
This is another way to style your side bangs by sweeping your bangs to the sides they naturally fall and gathering the rest of the hair into a high ponytail.
3. Ponytail with long bangs
Long bangs grazing your cheeks is chic way to style your ponytails. They are easy to style and give you a softer look.
4. High ponytail with blunt bangs
Blunt bangs always have a way to give off a stylish yet edgy look. The high ponytail with blunt bangs is a mix of short bangs framing the forehead, and long bangs at the cheeks. With this style, you can create the illusion of a smaller forehead.
5. Ponytail with loose curly bangs
Beachy waves for your bangs can switch up your ponytail look. Just curl your bangs a little and get an easy go to look.
6. Sleek ponytail with thick bangs
Add extra volume to your bangs to create a thick look. This is a classy look and great for formal occasions.
7. Genie ponytail with bangs
Put your hair into a high ponytail that sits on the crown of your head and add some extensions to create some bangs.
8. Half pony with parted bangs
This is a perfect messy hairstyle. Use curly extensions for your ponytail, section half of the hair into a ponytail and then part your bangs in the middle for a final look.
9. Ponytail with split bangs
For this hairstyle, the bangs are fewer, are the same length of the forehead and complement the face shape. If you don't like thick bangs, this look is great for you.
10. Two ponytails with bangs
This hairstyle is a simple everyday look that requires little styling. Part your hair into two and tie them into two ponytails, then take out some hair and make your bangs.
Shop the High Ponytail for your bangs!
The Kinky Blow Out U-part wig is the perfect blend for your ponytail.
If you would like a twist to your style, check out some exciting ways to style your ponytail on here