How to Do the Pineapple Hairstyle on Natural Curly Hair
The pineapple hairstyle is a great technique for stretching your curls overnight. This hairstyle usually involves piling a loose set of curls on top of your head that closely resembles the shape of a pineapple.
This is also a perfect go-to style for when you don't know what next to do with a week old twist out or wash and go. And if you are looking to prevent a tangled mess of curly hair, you should give the pineapple hairstyle a try.
How to do: The Pineapple Hairstyle
In this tutorial, Alyssa Marie will show you how to create the pineapple hairstyle in minutes.
What you need
- Spray bottle of water and leave-in mix
- Bristle brush
- Elastic hair tie
- Edge control
Step 1: Refresh your edges
- Start with fully dried hair and not wet hair.
- Spray your edges with the water and leave-in mix and brush with a bristle brush.
- You can also moisturize your hair with a leave-in conditioner before putting it into this style.
Step 2: Make your pineapple
- Gather your hair up into a high ponytail at the top of your head. Bring it as close to your forehead as possible so your curls sit at the very top of your head.
- Then take out an elastic hair tie - one with enough stretch to go around your hair once - and tie around your hair.
- Fluff with your hands for more volume.
Step 3: Brush up flyaway strands
- If your hair is at the shorter end and there are some flyaway hairs at the back. Just spritz the back of your hair with the water and leave-in mix, brush it up and bobby pin them.
Step 4: Style with a bandana
- This step is optional. If you like, you can style this look with your favorite bandana.
- Start by folding the bandana into a triangle then place it on the back of your head with the triangle facing up.
- Tie it up in front and secure it. Fluff your pineapple again to give it the shape you want.
Step 5: Lay your edges
- Spritz your edges with the water and leave-in mix.
- Apply edge control and lay your edges as desired with a toothbrush or edge brush.
- Flaunt your look!
If you would like to recreate the pineapple hairstyle but with more volume and length, the kinky coily ponytail is definitely a quick fix for that.