How to Get Wet Look for Natural Hair
The wet look is a hairstyle that I have been pretty fascinated about for an unhealthy amount of time - yes, don't judge me. I love how the wet look transforms your hair into this shiny, defined, and drippy look.
And if you are wondering how you are going to achieve this soaking wet look on your hair, it involves a good amount of gel and yes, more gel. So if you have a phobia for having too much gel on your hair, you can try the wet look with clip-ins instead.
To achieve the perfect wet look, I have selected this video tutorial by Nae2curly to guide you:
How to do: Wet look
What you need:
- Spritz bottle
- Wetline Xtreme gel
- Eco styler gel
- Edge control
- Denman brush
- An old toothbrush
- Hair clips
- Blow dryer
Step 1: Spritz Your Hair
- Take a section of hair and spritz water generously over it until it is soaking wet.
Step 2: Apply Gel
- Next, apply your gel from roots to ends.
- At the roots of your hair, use your fingers to press your hair to your scalp to give that laid hair finishing.
Step 3: Apply Mousse
- Spray a bit of Mousse on your fingers and then massage it into your hair.
Step 4: Clip Away
- Use your hair clips to separate hair you've done from the hair you have not touched.
Step 5: Dry Your Hair
- Apply heat to your hair using your blow-dryer.
- Repeat the entire process for every section of your hair.
Step 6: Lay Your Edges
- Using your edge control and toothbrush, lay your edges.
- Your wet look is done!